Here are 25 facts about the Mind that humanity has gathered over years of scientific, psychological and meditative explorations.
- The Mind is not found inside the brain, though studying the brain allows us to understand the mind better.
- The Mind consists of different levels of cognizance which include the unconscious, subconscious, conscious and superconscious.
- The Mind changes, adapts, evolves and expands.
- The Mind is not a thought, or series of thoughts, but rather the space-time through which thoughts emerge and subside.
- The Mind operates through thoughts and energetic vibrations of various wavelengths.
- Humans can think anywhere between 6 000 and 70 000 thoughts in one day.
- After 16 seconds of thinking a specific thought, a thought of a similar vibration will flow through the mind.
- Thoughts are not random, but follow observable patterns.
- The Mind is the mechanism through which we turn thoughts to things.
- The Mind serves as a gateway between spirit and body.
- Thoughts are as real as things, for thoughts precede things.
- Mental disorders are often rooted in energy disruptions as opposed to physical inadequacies.
- The repetition of thoughts induces an emotion within the body.
- When emotion is the object of mental focus, then feelings may produce new thoughts.
- The Mind is boundless and intangible.
- Humans share a hive-mind, to some degree.
- Mental communication (telepathy) between humans has been proven to be possible.
- The Mind is not the Observer, but rather the glasses, binoculars or portal through which Awareness observes different levels/dimensions of reality.
- The Mind can be closed off through the Awareness of an individual.
- The Mind believes everything that moves through it.
- All memories of all conscious thoughts are stored within the subconscious, the mind then predicts more like-thoughts to arise in the future.
- The Mind is a problem-solving apparatus.
- Conscious recollection of memories can change over time; this is influenced by context, motivation, emotions and the frequency of recollection.
- It is a myth that humans use only 10% of the brain’s amplitude on average – humans do, in fact, use almost full capacity of the brain, even during sleep. Though the Mind is yet to be used to its fullest extent.
- In every decision we make, instead of presenting one or two options from which to choose, the Mind generates infinite possibilities/outcomes, then suppresses all but one – the most desirable potential in the given moment when said decision is being made.
Abraham Hicks – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnFBz5QL9U0
Breaking the Habit of being yourself – Joe Dispenza